Thursday, January 7, 2010

ACT Sponsorship Approved

More good news today! Our ACT State Sponsorship application was approved. I was surprised that it came through this early in the year. With the Christmas break I was expecting to wait until February. We are thrilled that now we have moved up 2 priorities to level 5. This might not seem like much, but even if they process our application 6 months earlier, its better than the position we were in.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Julianne, the client manager, at the Canberra office. She answered the phone and responded to emails in that 'only in Australia' friendly manner. I can't imagine getting such great service here in the US.

Now the real work begins. Learning more about Canberra. Scoping out the real estate market. Researching restaurants and neighborhoods. Of course, we still have to wait for the actual visa,  but I'm confident that will come through eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment